Domovea App Privacy Notice
Last update: December 2018
At Hager, we respect your privacy and we want to be transparent about the types of personal information we collect about you and how we use it. This Domovea App Privacy Notice (hereafter the " Notice"), explains how we collect, use and share the information gathered about you through your use of the Domovea App and aims to inform you about the rights and freedoms that you can exercise with regard to our use of your personal information. This Notice also describes the measures we implement to protect your data.
By downloading and using the Domovea App, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the Notice.
This Domovea App that you are using is managed by the Hager affiliate (hereafter "Hager"), who is the data controller for all personal information that is collected via this Domovea App.
If you do not want Hager to process any of your personal information through this Domove aApp, as set out in this Notice, you should not install and use the Domovea App. Please note that some services can only be provided via the App and therefore, the subscription to the services implies the use of the Domovea App.
1. What personal data we collect and why
We collect various types of personal information via your use of this Domovea App and this information will be processed in accordance with the purposes described below.
· Information that you provide voluntarily
In order to use the Domovea App and to benefit from our services, you must provide us with certain personal information, including:
· your contact details: such as first and last name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, gender;
· If you choose to register via social media (Facebook, Google +), we will obtain and process, for the needs of the App, only your surname, first name and email address.
· Information that we collect automatically
We collect and process to a limited extent and in anonymous and aggregate form, personal data concerning users of the Domovea App. The data collected includes your IP address or your device identifier (e.g., IMEI number), operating system version, the dates on which you access and use the App, user behaviour (such as your interactions with the Domvoea App), etc.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who use our Domovea App, where they come from, and what content on our Domovea App is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our App.
Some of this information may be collected using tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Use of tracking technologies” below. We may also use the location data on your device as explained in the section "Location-based data" below".
· Use of tracking technologies
We may use different types of tracking technology across our Domovea App (collectively, “Tracking technology”) to collect and use personal information about you including to serve interest-based advertising and location-based services.
· Location-based data
If you authorise us to access the location data on your device, we will use this information to send you location-based information and to deliver services at your request.
2. For what purposes we use your personal information
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
· to provide installation services for our devices and to provide a usage interface;
· to administer and monitor the stability and performance of the Domovea App in order to improve it;
· to ensure that content from the Domovea App is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices;
· as part of our effort to keep our Domovea App safe and secure;
· to notify you when updates for the Domovea App are available and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it;
· to understand your preferences and improve your experience and customer satisfaction when you use the Domovea App and our services;
· to carry out statistical analyses on use of the Domovea App and visit frequency.
We will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information.
3. Who we share your personal information with
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
· to Hager affiliates, third party service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Domovea App), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
· to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe such disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of complying with applicable laws or regulations, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
· to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Notice;
· to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
4. On what legal basis we process your personal information
We will process the personal information collected via this Domovea App based on the necessity to manage our relationship with you, based on our legitimate interests which will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it, or based on your consent.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
5. Transfers of personal information outside the EU/EEA
We operate at a global level and, as a result, your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. In some cases, these countries may be located outside the European Union / European Economic Area (EU/EEA) and therefore may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country of residence.
Specifically, our servers are located in the EU/EEA but we may share or give access to your personal information to group entities, third party service providers and partners who may be operating from outside the EU/EEA (for example, we may use web hosting providers or cloud computing service providers who store or access your personal information outside the EU/EEA).
Where that is the case, we make sure that your personal information is transferred to third countries outside the EU/EEA that are deemed "adequate" by the European Commission (a list of adequate countries is available here ), or alternatively, where your personal information is not sent to a country that provides adequate protection, we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information remains protected while it is being processed outside the EU/EEA in accordance with applicable privacy laws. These appropriate safeguards may include signing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses with the Hager affiliate, third party service provider or partner outside the EU/EEA with whom we share your personal information. For further information about transfers of personal information outside the EU/EEA, please refer to the "How to contact us" section below.
6. How long we store your personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to enable us to fulfil the purposes described in this Notice and where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested).
Once the purpose for processing your personal information no longer exists, or the period of retention has expired, or if you ask us to delete your personal information, please be aware that we may continue to store your personal information for a limited period of time if necessary to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we no longer have a purpose to process your personal information, we will make sure your personal information is either deleted or anonymised.
In some instances, we may use your personal information in order to better understand your preferences and to provide customized products or services to you. We do not make any decisions based solely on automated processing of such data, which either produce legal effects that concern you or similarly significantly affect you.
8. How we protect your personal information
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We utilize robust precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information within our Domovea App, by employing technological, physical and administrative security safeguards, such as firewalls and carefully developed security procedures, for example, when you enter confidential information (such as login credentials or information submitted from within the Domovea App). We encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). These technologies, procedures and other measures are used in an effort to ensure that your personal information remains safe, secure, and only available to you and to those you authorized to access your personal information. However, no internet, e-mail or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take care in deciding what information you send to us in this way.
The services we provide on this Domovea App are not intended for individuals below the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not download this Domovea App.
10. Your rights and choices
You have the following data protection rights:
· You may request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information.
· You may also request that any personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete be rectified or completed.
· You may request that your personal information be erased under certain legal conditions (for example, where the personal information is no longer needed to achieve the purposes for which the information was initially collected).
· In addition, you may object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information under certain legal conditions.
· You have the right to opt-out of electronic marketing communications we send you at any time and free of charge. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
· Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
· You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.
You may exercise any of the rights above at any time by contacting us as described under the “How to contact us” section below. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
11. External links
If any part of this Domovea App provides links you to third party websites, such websites do not operate under this Notice. We recommend you examine the privacy notices posted on those websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal data.
12. Updates to this Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last update” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
13. How to contact us
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this Notice or the way we process your personal information, or if you want to exercise your rights as described above, please contact us by filling out this request form.